Recycling Option for Southampton Township Residents
Lurgan Township recently began a Recycling and Pay-As-You-Throw trash program. Lurgan has graciously opened the program to Southampton Township Residents. If you plan on taking advantage of this opportunity, here are a few things you should know:
Recycling Days are Always:
2nd & 4th Saturdays of the Month
8:00 A.M. to 12:00 Noon
Recyclables can be brought in any container you wish to dump yourself. (Help will be available for those unable to dump their own. (They may not be left in plastic bags.)
- Plastics #1 and #2
- Bemetal Food Cans
- Green, Clear and Brown Glass
These items can be co-mingled (put together). Please rinse them out:
- Aluminum Can (separate if you wish it’s not mandatory; but helps a little bit.
- Magazines (can be put in a box and then dumped when you get to the bin-they do not need tied)
- Newspaper (can be put in brown paper bag – they do not need tied)
- Paper – Non-shredded and shredded office paper
- Cardboard (please break down if you’re able, if not, it can be done there. You may also add your grayboard or cereal-type boxes).
- Styrofoam of any type-peanuts too!
You may choose to cancel your curbside trash pickup and elect to take advantage of Lurgan’s pay-as-you-throw trash. This would include anything that isn’t recyclable.
Up to 35 gal. Bags = $2.00
39-55 gal. Bags = $4.00
Leaf and Yard Waste
The Borough of Shippensburg and Southampton Township have an agreement that all Southampton Township residents may use the Borough’s composting facility on Avon Drive. There is a $20 fee for a permit which is good for the entire year. You may purchase your permit at the Shippensburg Borough office located at 111 S. Fayette St. Please note that no grass clippings are accepted.
Compost Facility Hours of Operation
March, April/October, November
Tues. & Thurs. 2:00-6:00 Saturdays 9:00-3:00
May, June, July, August, September
Tues, & Thurs. 2:00-8:00 Saturdays 9:00-3:00
Please call for specific information on acceptable items.
2382 Clearfield Road
Shippensburg, PA 17257
or Dave Gettel at 360-3711